5.07.2009

F my K

A little under 1 year ago, I was buying my PA fishing license at Walmart in Butler, PA. I was with my very good friend, Steve. By chance, I was also in the market for a knife. Lo and behold, Walmart's gaming section had plenty of outdoor knifes to choose from. I did do some research and I knew I wanted to get a Buck knife (the brand). After a little window shopping I settled on a pretty nice, 4.5" folding blade, tempered steel, gut hook, the whole nine. It'd F your A up. In fact, it was used to cut the guts out of a deer I helped hunt and kill. The knife cut the deers stomach right open, and helped remove all of its insides. This knife was awesome. It has been through a lot with me for the short time we were together. A man's knife if an elusive thing. I'm talkin Jerimiah Johnson style. A man's life, quite often, was the difference between life and death. This knife was good to me.

On Monday I ran it over with a CubCadet grass cutting tractor. The grass cutter destroyed my knife. Literally, demolished the knife into thousands of little pieces. RIP, knife.

No comments: