9.01.2009

Yankee's Update

Remember those weekly NYY updates I promised back in April? Well I took off about fifteen weeks, but here it goes again.

The Downs:
We're Wang-less. This means about 18 less wins from a starter. It also means Sergio Mitre.

Brian Bruney. His numbers really aren't that bad, but his worst pitching is when we need him the most. Yikes.

The Angels. I might be wrong, but I think that the Angels are the only team in baseball who has a winning record against the Yankees in the last 15 years. I hate playing against them. I hope they lose every game from now until eternity and we never have to face them in the playoffs. This is a completely irrational fear, but it is what I have nightmares about.

The Ups:
We are in the top ten in every offensive, pitching, and fielding category. Seriously. Wait no, era is 15th.

Six, yes SIX players with 20+home runs. (btw, Jeter and Posada both have 17)

Derek Jeter. MVP? Six more hits until he passes Lou Gehrig on the all time hits list. Lou Gehrig! What an amazing lifetime accomplishment for any player, let alone a fellow Yankee captain.

Our expensive off season is definitely paying off. Who cares, it's not my money.

Mo and C.C. are both Cy Young candidates.

My prediction of 107-55 is still very possible.

Prediction:

World Series Champs.


No comments: