12.17.2009

Why Not Now?

Phil asked me today "So when will your blog be cool again?". This made me realize two things: 1.) Someone actually thought my blog was cool (good thing HE does), and 2.) I might as well get back to this blog thing.

Recently at work there was a gentleman who had a detailed conversation with me about his life. He is the man who invented the cell phone, cable T.V., has CIA death squads chasing after him and his bride-to-be/prostitute friend, and knows that McDonalds is just a front for the CIA's top-secret detainment/torture program. Also, his bus pass expired.

I am sure that every one of you readers out there have some type of experience dealing with "that guy." It isn't really a problem, I sort of just went along with his stories because he was so excited to tell me all of this. Ah, I forgot to mention that if it weren't for Ron Howard and Barbara Streisand he would have made 12.5 trillion dollars...just because.

Another person who has been around the job keeps insisting that he...pretty much invented steel. He tells me (very often in fact, as if he never told me or even met me before) that he is the rightful President and CEO of U.S. Steel. He invented truck frames, I beams, and rail road tracks. He also goes by "Clark Kent" and "Rocky Bullwinkle." I don't think he knows that it is Rocky AND Bullwinkle, but heck no one is perfect.

These kind of people are nice enough and overall they are harmless. I often enjoy engaging them because I think that they really need to get that stuff off their chests. And, I always like to stay on their good side because...just what if?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I used to work at this little corner store in high school down the street from my house. I had a guy come in and tell me how he worked for Pablo Escabar and that killing people ruined his life and sucked everything out of him. He was really afraid of Pablo though and had to keep working for him. It was pretty interesting stuff I guess.