12.24.2009

Christmas Makes the Heart Grow Colder

I think there are some lyrics to a song that come close to the title of this post though I am not too sure. I do not think that I am a particularly bitter person yet I also do not think I am one of the happiest people either. I like Christmas. I want to like the Christmas season that capitalism has produced...

But I hate it. I hate everything about Christmas in America. From Halloween (if not earlier) until literally December 26 I am always pretty angry and skeptical. Talk about the game "Why the Terrorists Hate Us", Christmas is a perfect example. I hate having to hear crappy Holiday music on every radio station and ever store I walk into. Do the Backstreet Boys really need the money they get from their Christmas album being aired every year? I think the country...nay, the world, would be a better place without that crap.

I almost wish that America just stopped celebrating Christmas. If you think about it the only reason it is a national phenomenon is because it drives the 4th quarter revenue of the retail and finance industries. America just celebrates Christmas so the poor people know about all of the cool presents that they CAN'T afford yet spend every muscle and ounce of their existence working to at least afford some of it while putting the rest on their 30% interest credit cards (or if they are REALLY lucky they will get one of the pay day loans for a mere 1799% APR).

If America needs a holiday to just use to suck the life and money out of its citizenry, why not take a closer look at Thanksgiving? We have to be thankful that we get to spend so much money on meaningless stuff!

Eh what the fuck am I complaining about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Backstreet Boys don't HAVE a Christmas album, never have, doubt they ever will. One single song that occasionally ends up on a compilation album. I've no idea who you're listening to and THINK its Backstreet, but you can't lay this one on the Boys!!! lol.

Anonymous said...

The Backstreet Boys don't HAVE a Christmas album, never have, doubt they ever will. One single song that occasionally ends up on a compilation album. I've no idea who you're listening to and THINK its Backstreet, but you can't lay this one on the Boys!!! lol.

cjb said...

This is me judging you.