11.03.2010

Nov 3

Well, just about across the board, the Democrats lost last night.

Something i want to know.  Say back in the 1930s during the great depressions, we as a nation didn't hit rock bottom.  Say in the 1950s 60s 70s we didn't hit rock bottom when we had white dudes blowing up churches with black kids in them.  I thought that was America's rock bottom.  When I started learning about history I was glad that the whole Rock Bottom Times were behind me and I had the most amazing future to look forward to.  A future with flying cars, cool people passing awesome legislation in Congress.  Man, imagine being a kid in the 90's with an imagination.  Literally, everything was possible.

Now, after the swing of this vote, I fear that America's financial or social rock bottom is not behind us.  I fear for this.

Thanks Boomers.  You had the best, and gave us the worst. 

2 comments:

BigJimInDC said...

Seriously, "cool people passing awesome legislation in Congress"??? There is so much wrong with that statement that I don't know where to begin. You know I love you man, and I know what your dream is, but still, WTF were you thinking as a kid growing up thinking something like that???

cjb said...

The statement I made in the post was from the voice of a teen-aged kid just learning about "stuff." So at 14, passing "cool awesome legislation" was the vernacular.