10.24.2010

Oct 24

27 down, X to go.

I have been experiencing the most terrifying recurring dream. The most terrifying aspect of this dream is that I am not totally sure if it actually a dream. I feel completely conscious, I am alert and aware of my surroundings, but I am physically paralyzed. What makes me think I am dreaming is I see this alarm clock next to my bed that keeps reading the same two times: 3:26AM and 4:12AM. I don't have an alarm clock, and this dream-state feels like it is hours long. I keep trying to wake up but my body will not move, and I hear these strange whispering sounds. This morning I woke up from what I know was a dream, but it had the same feeling as the recurring dream with one difference: I actually saw someone else in the dream. I still couldn't move my body and the clock read the same. This is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's called sleep paralysis.

I've had these since I was little. Not fun.

cjb said...

i really hope not. it is terrifying. literally the most frightening experiences i have ever had.